In your daily skin care routine you use a different product for the eye area and a different product for the entire face right? So why do you use the same sunscreen to protect the areas around the eyes? But let’s be even more honest, do you even put face sunscreen under your eyes? I didn’t even put sunscreen under my eyes because I was a frequent eye rubber and the SENSITIVE sunscreen I use was burning my eyes. However, until 1 year ago I discovered eye sunscreen.
Have you ever wanted to like a product so badly? Well that’s what I wanted for this product, Timeless 20% Vitamin C Serum has such great claims from their thousands of reviews both on their website and Amazon website. This product was proclaimed to be so good that others have compared it to the Skin Ceuticals C E Ferulic which is 6 times more expensive. However, it was not right for me. Unlike the last post where I bragged about the Kiehl’s Creamy Under Eye Treatment. This product is a lot harder to love. Continue reading to see some Negatives, Positives and how to use this one.
I love avocados, on toast, on pizza, in a smoothie and I love diy face mask! Then one day, I heard about Kiehl’s eye cream, Kiehl’s Creamy Under Eye Treatment with Avocado so I went to Bloomingdale’s and grabbed it immediately. Not to my surprise, I love this eye cream! This is a product that my skin CRAVED! I have been using this product for 1 month now and I love it so much. FYI this review is going to be completely honest! Continue reading to see how I use it and what I find so AWESOME and maybe talk about the cons too (not that there’s much bad to it. )
To be honest, I was sold as soon as this product advertised to be an all in one product. Even though at the time was still fairly new to the market. But it must be worth it due since I was waking up 30 minutes early every morning to do a 10-steps routine, so I practically purchased it on the spot.
But I should share the reasons for my quick purchase:
- My skin does really well with Korean products, I have combination skin. Oily t-zone and dry basically everywhere.
- The price. $58 for an all in one product.
- Made by a pharmaceutical company, if people drank the medication they made it’s safe to put on the skin.
- Ingredient list was fairly natural.
This product smells amazing, if you like the smell of rice water, it’s definitely for you. It has a cloudy color and almost the consistency of water. I would give it a couple shakes to mix the ingredients, then give myself 3 squirts into the middle of my palm, using my other hand I tap the product evenly all over my face and neck. It goes on very much like a toner but feels more hydrating. It takes a minute or two before seeping into the skin, in between there is an oily feeling almost sticky. I used this product by itself for a during the hot Southern California summer and then into Southern California winter.
This product is so versatile that my teenage sister uses it, my 50 years old mom uses it and I too use it.
Holy cow, this is officially my favorite product. I have used half it already throughout these past 3 months. It is so hydrating that during the summer, it is the only product I put on for my face and neck before applying a sleeping mask or sunscreen. (I still use a retinol eye cream of course, I’ve noticed more and more lines under my eyes.)
- Controls oil for combination skin. I no longer have to use face blotting sheets throughout the day.
- Works well under make up and sunscreen
- Works really well for sensitive skin, my neck gets allergic reactions to everything including the coveted Laneige Water Sleeping Mask. But this product did miracles.
- Keeps face hydrated.
- Prevents scaling of dead skin near the mouth and forehead.
- No breakouts.
- Cuts out 20 minutes of my morning 10 steps ritual.
I took it with me to my winter Hawaii trip and it worked so well under make up and sunscreen. However, in California, it gets a bit colder during the winter and my skin started to dry and flake around my mouth when I only used Whal Myung. So I eventually gave up and went back to my multiple steps routine to keep up with my flaky winter skin. But I love it so much and continued to incorporate it into my winter routine.
My winter routine that incorporates Whal Myung Elixir:
- Wash face with FAB Cleanser
- Use Face Shop exfoliator
- Apply by tapping Whal Myung Elixir onto face gently (skip oil, toner, ampoule)
- Apply Serum, I use Frudia Promegranate Moisturizer
- Apply Moisturizer, I use Clinique Gel Moisturizer
- Apply Eye sunscreen and face sunscreen (AM). Apply sleeping mask (PM)