Ever since I can remember, I have always love celebrating Tet with my family. Tet, aka Lunar New Year is a holiday that many Asian countries share. In my Vietnamese culture, we have 3 days to celebrate the special new year that why we literally combine every holiday celebrated in the West in these 3 days. We thank our ancestors, our families, we wish good things upon our family and neighbors. Most often we will give each other gifts in forms of money, food, clothes, or anything really. During these 3 days food is galore! And most stores will be closed, just like Christmas day. There is also a tree, in the Vietnamese culture people decorate their house with a really special seasonal flower call “Hoa Mai” the translation is yellow apricot flower.
Being a new graduate means finding a job. But first you have to land an interview. So in order to help myself and you guys, I’ll do a 1 question a day. I’ll give a question that I’ve been asked or are commonly asked questions then I’ll respond to it. That way we can compare the answers with each other and maybe get a chance to improve our answers.
Describe an occasion when you worked on a team and something did not go well. How did you respond?
Answer to January 11th, 2018: I am a refrigerator
Riddle of the day: How can a man go without sleep for 365 days in the year?
This riddle is directed towards my favorite person in the world. I hope you get it 🙂
Post your answer below in the comments. Come back tomorrow (January 13th, 2018) to discover the answer!
Is there a way to flip $1 into $500 million?
Post your answer below! And subscribe to see the answer tomorrow. (Jan 8, 2018)
Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all had a really good holiday! Hopefully we all have the mentality of “new year, new you. I sure do and I’m so excited to start this year off with a bang!
There are a lot of things happening with me this year and there is a lot of preparations for those new things.
- I’m graduating this year! I’m almost done with my Bachelor degree, 1 more semester. All I need to do is pay my fees and make sure I don’t fail any classes.
- I’m preparing for my graduation trip, I still don’t know where to go yet…
- Preparing to work full time at an engineering firm and significantly increase my monthly income.
- Making Womanengineer.com awesome!
- Start investing
These are the 3 steps I think of when setting new goals. It has helped me through 2017 and I hope that it will help you too!
But in order for all this to happen the way I want, I have set out some goals for myself. Let’s talk about setting goals.
- Set achievable goals– Don’t aim for the stars unless you have a good record of high achievement. Whenever I set out of this world goals, I tend to give up pretty quickly.
- Make the goals specific and measurable– Goals need to be very specific. Don’t set general goals like losing weight. An example would be to set how many you would like to lose. I want to lose 5 pounds. You also need to figure out a way to get there. How will you lose 5 lbs? Where will you exercise? Why do you want to do it? And what is your schedule/plan?
- Write them down and track your progress– Write down your goals and put them where you will see them. I write it down on a piece of paper and thumb tack it next to my computer so I see it every time when I sit down. It haunts me but the action of crossing it out is sooooo satisfying.
Let me hear about your 2018 goals! There are so many things I can learn from you guys and then put it into my goal list too!