Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all had a really good holiday! Hopefully we all have the mentality of “new year, new you. I sure do and I’m so excited to start this year off with a bang!
There are a lot of things happening with me this year and there is a lot of preparations for those new things.
- I’m graduating this year! I’m almost done with my Bachelor degree, 1 more semester. All I need to do is pay my fees and make sure I don’t fail any classes.
- I’m preparing for my graduation trip, I still don’t know where to go yet…
- Preparing to work full time at an engineering firm and significantly increase my monthly income.
- Making Womanengineer.com awesome!
- Start investing
These are the 3 steps I think of when setting new goals. It has helped me through 2017 and I hope that it will help you too!
But in order for all this to happen the way I want, I have set out some goals for myself. Let’s talk about setting goals.
- Set achievable goals– Don’t aim for the stars unless you have a good record of high achievement. Whenever I set out of this world goals, I tend to give up pretty quickly.
- Make the goals specific and measurable– Goals need to be very specific. Don’t set general goals like losing weight. An example would be to set how many you would like to lose. I want to lose 5 pounds. You also need to figure out a way to get there. How will you lose 5 lbs? Where will you exercise? Why do you want to do it? And what is your schedule/plan?
- Write them down and track your progress– Write down your goals and put them where you will see them. I write it down on a piece of paper and thumb tack it next to my computer so I see it every time when I sit down. It haunts me but the action of crossing it out is sooooo satisfying.
Let me hear about your 2018 goals! There are so many things I can learn from you guys and then put it into my goal list too!